If you want to improve your bowling game then you need to learn how to bowl strikes. Bowling a lot of strikes can earn you a lot of bonus points and increase your bowling average. But how do you bowl strikes? Well, no one can score strikes all the time. Not even the professional bowlers. But you can still try by following the 5 bowling tips below.
If you just want to have some fun with friends then I wouldn't worry too much about it. But if you want to take your hobby a little more seriously, impress your buddies and improve your bowling game then keep reading for some great bowling tips on how to bowl strikes.
The easiest way is to spin or hook the bowling ball while aiming for the ideal place of impact. I didn't mean to make it sound that easy though. It will take a lot of time to learn the bowling technique and you will have to practice it a lot if you want to consistently score strikes and improve your bowling game. Read the following bowling tips.
1. Learn how to hook the ball. This involves twisting your wrist as you release the ball. You need to start with your hand under the bowling ball and as you let go, turn your hand to the left (if you are right-handed) if you get this right the ball should travel straight and then curve into the pins as it gets to the end of the lane. Right-handed bowlers will need to aim for the second triangle from the right.
2. If you want to score a strike you will need to aim for "the pocket". If you are right handed this is between the 1st and 3rd pins. If you are left-handed the pocket is between the 1st and 2nd pins.
3. Take into account the lane conditions. Oily lanes make for a smoother delivery though it can make it more difficult to control the bowling ball.
4. It is important to completely focus when you are bowling a strike. Clear your mind of everything else going on, you must remain calm and positive or you will not score your strike. This focus must start from the first step you take as things can start to go wrong from this point.
5. Practice, practice, practice. You should practice your bowling technique over and over to consistently score strikes. Follow these bowling tips and find the technique that works best for your style. You can even do this without the bowling ball. Once you find what bowling technique works for you, practice until its perfect!
If you want more information on how to bowl strikes, bowling technique or more bowling tips, click on the following link for a great bowling guide with everything you need to know: Better Bowling Guide